The historic use of limiting editions of prints was during a time when prints were made from art carved or drawn onto stone, wood or other surfaces that degraded with use. As more impressions were made the surface wore out and the image became less crisp. Limiting the quantity of the printing run helped to control the quality of the print and of course the value.
Digital printing does not suffer from this problem since there is no degradation in resolution, or crispness, from one print to the next. In fact, what can happen as technology evolves and equipment gets better and faster, later prints may be of higher quality then original prints made years earlier in the cycle.
New Technology Offers New Forms of Creativity
So how do I offer my customers a solution to their desire for a unique piece of my Art rather then the Open Edition pieces I generally offer?
Custom Art Work Created Just For You
Custom Editions brings my customers into a collaborative effort in the artistic process of helping me to create a unique Art Work specific for their home or office design ideas.
You select a piece of Art from my array of Standard Digital or Traditional Paintings.
- I can print your selection on different surfaces like Fine Arts Paper or Canvas.
- I can put different finishes on each canvas print, i.e. Matte, Semi-Gloss or Gloss.
- My standard work is designed in a 3×4 aspect ratio, i.e. the height to width relationship. I can customize the composition to fulfill specific sizing.
- I can print at any size that would work for the space you have in mind. Super-size up to 64 inches and mini-sizes for grouping.
- I can customize the colors, most particularly, the backgrounds, to suit your design ideas.
- I can combine traditional paint with your digital print to make a truly one-of-a-kind Art Work.
- I can customize framing or do away with framing altogether using the Gallery Wrapped canvas style.
If you can think of it I can probably do it.
Let’s get started on your Custom Editions collaboration. Visit my website for additional information.
Call me, Mary Ahern at 631-757-9459
Or email me at mary@MaryAhernArtist.com
Let’s make Art together!